Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fruit Flies and Moles and Hills, Oh My!

I am SOOOOO tired of having fruit flies in my house!

And I am SOOOOOO tired of having moles in my yard!

Little pests!

But I am progressively working on getting rid of the fruit flies using the funnel-in-a-jar-of-fruit method.  

The moles on the other hand have me stymied.  I have read of various methods, but outside of standing in the yard with a shovel, silently waiting for movement, I've not had much luck.  Even my cat, who patiently sits and stares at the ground for hours on end, seems to have had no luck with moles this summer.  

Although I live in the country and "country folk" are not supposed to care about their yards, I still have a desire for my yard to look like this:

When the reality of it is this:

Ok, so maybe that is a slight exaggeration.  Maybe a little more like this:

And this:

Ok, just kidding, but the shot of the mole hills really is what it looks like.  

Enough whining.  Maybe someday I will be rich and will be able to pay a gardener to make sure I have a beautiful yard. :)  

Maybe...
(Remember, my hubby is a pastor...)

Blessings,

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment