Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Red Door

Happy Saturday to you all!

This was a rather unusual Saturday for me.  

I usually spend at least part of my day cleaning the house.  But today, I had projects that were calling to me...

Every time I walked by the front door...
Going THIS way...
...and THAT way...
I thought, "how terribly brown this area is!" 
(Please ignore the mess in the above pic.  That is, of course, my second project of the day.)

Anyone that had been to my house in the last few days had seen my little paint chips taped to the front door as I tried to decide on the perfect color.  This area was just BEGGING for a POP of RED!

Decision-making in general is not one of my strong suites, but when it comes to choosing the perfect shade of red...that was AGONIZING!!
Time will tell.  It changes throughout the day.  If I don't like it, it will only take another coat or 2 of paint.  
It's growing on me :)

The front entryway still needs something...
Definitely need to rid the area of the last vestiges of the orangey pine trim seen in the pic.  

Next up...
A Day of Rest :)

Have a blessed Sabbath!

Blessings, 

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment