Thursday, June 13, 2013

Chair Make-Over

 This chair has been sitting in my garage for a while now.  When we bought it at a yard sale, there was caning in the seat.  Since it was broken in places, we actually looked into how to re-cane it.  Jeff got so far as to take out most of the caning...and then there it sat.  No reflection on him-- I have given him too many projects!

I had determined that the chair was going to go in the trash, until a pic I saw on a blog one day inspired me.  I had nothing to lose, so I gave it a shot. 


It is far from perfect and I learned a few things along the way.  Don't know if I will ever have the opportunity to another chair like this, but if I do, I might do it a bit differently. 


And now we have 8 chairs to go around our farmhouse table! Two of them still need to be painted, but that's ok, they are fine as is.  Besides, Jeff still has table leaves to make before we actually need 8 chairs!

Blessings, 

Ronda
Furniture Feature Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment