Monday, February 11, 2013

This Post Should Probably Be Rated PG

 Hmmm....this may be a night of many of those "random thoughts!" With the wedding on Saturday, I will be heading up to pick up my folks at the airport on Thursday, then on up to Ft. Wayne.  So for these first few days of the week, I am determined to do as little as possible! :)  Of course, some things have to be done... like cooking dinner.  So during my dinner prep tonight I realized that I was missing a key ingredient in the recipe I was concocting-- a can of enchilada sauce.  So what did I do?  Create my own, of course!  A can of tomato sauce, some onion salt, garlic powder, cumin, chipotle chili powder, and voile!  Enchilada sauce! And it was good. Great as a matter of fact!  

So here is a shot of my bookshelves since I unloaded all of my boxes again.  The top shelf is not necessarily done.  I am still looking for the perfect item for the top...I'm thinking architectural salvage in nature, a window or a gate maybe.  But...got to be the right item at the right price!  There is about half the amount of stuff on these shelves now!  
Here is a reminder of what they looked like before....
Yuck...
Ewwww....
Double ewwww......

THE DETAILS NOW.....




Among the finds that I added to the shelves was a vintage-look wire basket from Home Goods.

 Some of you may be wondering why on earth I am displaying a tackle box on my shelves!  No, I am most certainly not a fisherman, nor do I have any kind of weird fascination with fishing paraphernalia. That tackle box was my great-grandmother's sewing box! Awesome, right?!  It had been in the attic since my mother gave it to me.  When my hubby brought it down, it was fun to go through it again to see what all she had in it.  Among the expected threads, needles, snaps, and a darning egg, were a few unexpected items.  What looked like a little coin purse held the an upper plate from her dentures, made out of metal.  Wonder what kind of metal it is?  And...hmmm...what is this????  A bag full of....condoms!  What?  No, my little, tiny 80-something year old, long-widowed great-granny was not using those for what you might think.  Those of you who are accustomed to hand-sewing probably already know the answer to the riddle...she used them to pull a needle through a quilt!  Today I use a piece of balloon.



Blessings,

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment