I have been SO Stinkin' lazy lately!!
The last project I did was completed over a week ago. I know I say this often, but I was waiting for the right time to get a good pic! Do you have any idea how tough it is to get a good picture of curtains? I'm sure that I just need to work on my camera skills, but I get overwhelmed when I start reading about all the technical stuff on my camera. I know, just do it and quit whining...
Anyone else ready for Spring????
Anyhoo...a couple of shots for fun...
Some things that belonged to my uncle.
As I have been debating what to put on the walls in the music room, I decided that I couldn't part with my little Amish boys. But not liking the oak frames, I painted them with black milk paint and distressed them.
If you google painted curtains, you will see that my idea to stencil my music room curtains was not all that original. Ah well, who cares. I LOVE the way they turned out. I think it looks like expensive designer fabric, but in reality they were pretty cheap. Basic panels made with utility osnaburg fabric.
I used a mini foam roller to stencil. I did end up totally cleaning off the stencil about half way done. The thing I hadn't anticipated was the little fibers from the fabric stuck in the paint and gradually built up enough that the small holes were almost covered.