Thursday, November 8, 2012

Are you a NO-REPLY???

Some of you who are commenting on my blog are!  I would like to be able to respond to the comments that you are leaving on my blog, but I CAN'T!! I know some of don't have a profile set up, and probably don't want to do that, but if you care, please read the following and correct the problem!

The following was copied from Funky Junk Interiors:


What's noreply?

Noreply means your profile/email aren't properly linked together. So when you comment on my blog, I can't respond back to you via email.


So this is what I see instead of a return email address from you. Bummer.

Why did this happen?

This is a glitch between Google + and blogger. When you switched to Google, you lost the option to fix blogger account settings. So now what you must do is revert back to your old blogger dashboard to fix, then you can go back to Google again.

Warning! The issue remains a glitch so many have to repeat this fix more than once. Frequently even.  Painful, but it's the only way if you are choosing to stay with a Google profile while this glitch exists.

How do I know if I'm a noreply?

You don't. That's the part that's frustrating. Unless someone gets a noreply email from you, travels to your blog, finds your email and notifies you, you won't ever know except for your inbox getting a little quieter.

I get HUNDREDS of noreply comments through my inbox and it's impossible for me to email each of you, so I hope you will check to see if this applies to you.

Check anyway

Even if you haven't made the switch to the new Google profile, I suggest you check your blogger settings anyway. And for those that don't blog but do comment, if you don't have an email activated through blogger, you come up as a noreply. I implore anyone that comments on blogger blogs to attach your blogger profile to an email so we can reply back to you. Truly I do. You just MUST have an email activated for this to work. If you're staying incognito for security purposes, fire up a hotmail or gmail. Anything.


How do I fix it?

Fixing is easy and I truly hope each and every one of you does so. I checked my own as well. Please oh please click below and let The Tattoeod Teacher help you through it. It's an excellent post I couldn't improve on.



No comments:

Post a Comment