Friday, November 16, 2012

Quite an Evening

This evening was the Harvest Gathering for our home school co-op.  It was an awesome time filled with displays from the various classes that were offered throughout this semester. We had a demonstration of rain water run-off, a tae-kwon-do demonstration, and a derby car race.  Not to mention MY awesome girls chorus, GRACE Notes, singing a lovely prayer.  Plus, lots of good food and fellowship.  Never been a better one in my opinion!  I would say we have been doing these for about 6 years now.

Anyway...not much to report in the way of projects around here.  The new chairs are making progress, but not ready to show.  The leaf is a learning process for hubby.  It looks like it didn't turn out as well as we would have liked, but it will still be usable.

Another project I have been contemplating is my stairs.  I would really like to pull up the carpet and do some really nifty with them.  Hmmm...something maybe, sorta, possibly, but not quite like this.....

   

This is a little more detailed and possibly a little more rustic than I would probably do.  Have you tried a stair project?  Tell me about it.  And while you are at it, tell me if you think this one is do-able for me, a baby DIY-er.

Blessings,

Ronda

2 comments:

  1. It WAS the best Harvest Gathering yet!! :) And I think that wooden stairs would look GREAT in your house! But maybe not as vintage as the ones in the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a huge project to me!!

    ReplyDelete