Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

I trust you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that most of ate TOO much!  I believe that I didn't overstuff myself for the most part, but I did indulge in a bit too much pie!  We spent the long weekend with my son and daughter-in-law in South Carolina.  They live in the lovely northwest corner, near the mountains and also near a sizable lake.  The do have a 2 bedroom apartment and it is fairly large, especially for the two of them, but when you add in 5 extra people, it starts to get a bit cramped! But we certainly managed just fine, and they were fabulous hosts to all of us!

We had Thanksgiving dinner at my brother and sis-in-law's house, who also live in the same town as my son!  Unfortunately, sis-in-law had a nasty case of stomach flu on Thursday and on Friday, so wasn't able to participate in the festivities. :(  My brother handled it all with much grace, and a little help from me, my mother and DIL.  And then, as luck would have it, he came down with the stomach flu late Friday night.  Poor guy.  Sure wasn't ideal for them, but so far, none of the rest of the family has been struck with it.  Nor their little guys.

On Friday I did a little non-traditional Black Friday shopping along with Mom, DIL and future DIL. We hit some antique shops and furniture consignment shops!  Yee-haw!  Jeff would have managed to squeeze a piece of furniture into one of the cars for the trip home, had I found something I couldn't live without!

Got home Sunday evening and yesterday and today have been spent playing catch-up.  So for those of you who are wondering, no, have not even gotten the Christmas boxes out of the attic!  Hopefully will have an all day marathon of decorating tomorrow, but most likely will not get it all done.

Sorry no pics, no projects.  But I do have a couple of things in mind!

Blessings,

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment